We know we've been quiet recently with nary an update, but we've mostly been working in the background to work on a revamp of Hidden Street from scratch, which has been on our minds for the greater part of last year. Instead of expending our energies updating both current and new databases, we've decided that the only logical recourse is to fully concentrate on the new database(s) instead.
Though the new database is yet to be fully completed—we still have a lot of work cut out for us—we're releasing an alpha version of the database with some sections enabled so that you guys will be able to enjoy the fruits of our labour now, as well as report to us any possible bugs that you may encounter. If some pages are empty or lead you to the wrong page, let us know!
Check it out at http://www.hidden-street.net. Click on Browse Database, and our menu of items will appear. Right now, you may access a full listing of items only for:
For other sections such as Maps, Quests, NPCs, etc, we've yet to complete their main pages, but if you know their names, you should be able to search for them in the database and they should turn up. (Again, if they don't, report it to us here in this thread or contact us privately.) For these other pages, feel free to refer to our old databases at http://global.hidden-street.net or http://sea.hidden-street.net.
Unfortunately, we would not be able to carry forward user data from our old databases, which means we'll have to start from scratch. As user accounts have minimal functions at the moment, we'll only re-enable them in the future.
At the time being, the new database covers only MapleGlobal and patch 1.17 at the time of writing, but rest assured we're working on MapleSEA as well! We've not abandoned you guys. We're also working on a mobile theme for smartphones, which is on our road map as well. In short:
- Finishing other sections in the new Global database
- Mobile theme
- Hidden Street's revamped guild site
Have fun guys! Play with it. Explore. And let us know your thoughts.
Thanks to our contributor, AionJC, we have now embedded various PQ guide videos that he has created on individual PQ pages in our database.
You can start checking them out by clicking on the 'Party Quests' link on the left sidebar, followed by one of the PQ's names, or other helpful PQ videos that he has created here.
All new equipment, items and NPC have now been added and reflected in the database. Happy Mapling!
We have selected our winners for our HS Logo Contest! To check out who our winners are, click here.
MapleStory has always been evolving with major content that injects freshness and much excitement with the changes and new features it introduces - who can forget the Big Bang patch that nearly rewrote every aspect of the game from the ground up, the Chaos patch that brought more skill changes, and now the Ascension?
It's time for Hidden Street to ascend to greater heights too - and we're happy and excited to announce that we'll be revamping and redesigning the site from the ground up as well - in short, it's a little Big Bang from us, for you.
Due to the huge amount of time and effort that this would involve - a major undertaking on our part - we do not have a timeline of when this redesign will be completed. However, for every phase of this revamp, we will consult the players in our forum for their input.
To kick this off, it's time that we have a brand new logo for our rebirth as well! We invite you to unleash the talented designer within yourselves - attractive prizes await you to be won!
For more details, check it out in our forum: http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/threads/47650-**-Hidden-Street-Logo-C...
Thanks to an initiative by our forum member Tagg, we're now in the process of updating the PQs to reflect the myriad of changes brought upon by the recent Ascension patch.
If you're interested to help us with the updates, feel free to assist us with whatever information or screenshots that you can garner in Tagg's thread.
Below is the list of PQs that have been updated in our database:
- Moon Bunny's Rice Cake Party Quest (previously known as the Henesys PQ)
- Dimensional Crack Party Quest (previously known as the Ludibrium PQ)
- Kenta in Danger Party Quest
- Resurrection of the Hoblin King Party Quest
- Dragon Rider Party Quest
We're in the midst of rolling out all Ascension-related updates now. We know one of the key changes is the various characters' skill updates - and we're working towards updating them right now.
Do refer to the following to see which characters have been fully updated (PVE skills have only been updated at the moment):
- Warrior (DONE)
- Magician (DONE)
- Bowman (DONE)
- Blade Specialist (Flashbang - DONE)
- Dawn Warrior (1st Job) (DONE)
- Dawn Warrior (2nd Job) (DONE)
- Dawn Warrior (3rd Job) (DONE)
- Blaze Wizard (1st Job) (DONE)
- Blaze Wizard (2nd Job) (DONE)
- Blaze Wizard (3rd Job) (DONE)
- Wind Archer (1st Job) (DONE)
- Wind Archer (2nd Job) (DONE)
- Wind Archer (3rd Job) (DONE)
- Evan (First Master) (Magic Missile - DONE)
- Evan (Fifth Master) (Magic Shield - DONE)
- Evan (Seventh Master) (Dragon Spark - DONE)
- Evan (Eighth Master) (Dragon Fury, Phantom Imprint, Onyx Shroud - DONE)
- Evan (Ninth Master) (Illusion, Hero's Will - DONE)
- Evan (Tenth Master) (Blaze - DONE)
- Battle Mage (3rd Job) (Body Boost - DONE)
- Ultimate Adventurer (Oz's Flame Gear - DONE)
- Cannon Shooter (1st Job) (DONE)
- Cannon Shooter (2nd Job) (DONE)
- Cannon Shooter (3rd Job) (DONE)
- Cannon Shooter (4th Job) (DONE)